Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Paludarium Construction (Update - 2)

Third time seems to be a charm for the silicone holding! There was another small leak as I went to a higher fill rate with the second attempt at siliconing. The seals are holding up to my stress test of a full water load quite well with no leaks for the past hour.  I'll run the test a bit longer with the HPS light on and the covers on to see how high the humidity and temps will go with only the standing water. If all goes well, I should be able to start the foam wall tonight.  I'm still not sure how to best acclimate the miracle fruit plants to the new light just yet but in absence of some inspiration, I'll probably start with 2 hours of light and gradually increase it to the full 12 hour photoperiod over a few weeks, depending on how the plants respond. This is trickier than with most plants (I think) since the plants respond slowly and I'll have to be extra careful so as not to burn them with a huge change in light exposure.

No comments:

Post a Comment